Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy. As per the current statistics, there are approximately 28 million small and medium-sized enterprises in the United States. However, the small businesses are having a great difficulty in finding and hiring qualified candidates. As per the recent findings,
- 56 percent of the small business owners are unable to hire a candidate with the required job experience.
- 54 percent of them SMB’s (Small Medium Business) are not able find people with the much needed education, skills or training pertinent to a particular industry.
An important factor in the hiring process is to have a background screening of the shortlisted candidates. Establishing the reputation is one of the major challenges for any small business. Quality service and professionalism is synonymous with the name of any business. Therefore, its vital to employee the right type of people to create a reputation as well as professional identity.
Why Hiring The Right Employee Is Important
- Help to build a brand and deliver unique customer experience- Hiring is not about filling a vacant position. it’s all about hiring the right candidate who is driven by passion to outperform. A right employee will be a reliable person with the required subject knowledge and skills to help the SMB owner build a brand and also strategize ways to create a unique customer experience. This will move the business in a positive direction.
- Brings in innovative and creative approach- By employing a right person who has a creative as well as innovative approach while dealing with any work-related problems in vital for the growth of the business. It’s wise to employee someone who has the ability to develop innovative strategies to tide over the difficult period and who is driven by passion for out-of-the box thinking.
- Ready to take challenges- A person who is not only qualified for the position but also one who is self-motivated to take up the various job challenges is a well-suited for the position. He not only motivates himself but also the other members of his team to work out a plan to meet the day to day challenges of a task.
- Team player- Today’s work approach is collaborative in nature. Therefore, you need to hire someone who is a team players and is willing to work with amicably with the other team members.
- Loyalty to the organization- Employing a right person means he will stick to the job and be more loyal to the organization. The reason is he feels at home as he is driven by passion and job satisfaction.
- Adds value to the organization- Every employee adds value to the organization. When an organization hires a right person adds value to the company by bringing in his experience and expertise to chart out various strategies.
The growth and success of any business irrespective of its size will depend on the employees it hires. It goes without saying that employees are the backbone of any business. Whether your business is large corporate or a start-up, hiring the right people is very important. Employing the right people will have a positive impact on the business in the long term. Integrate a good recruiting software to analyze the resumes of the various potential candidates.