The recent research by the Center for Women’s Business Research and Entrepreneur Magazine discloses that these days, more women are attending college to earn a degree to launch a non-profit organization or start a small business. This report also says that women are capable of running a business while simultaneously running a household and caring for children. Business grants are made available for women to help start or expand an existing enterprise. Grants are also made available for education to meet her expenses in tuition, books and dorms. We have put together a list of agencies which work towards the welfare of women and girls. These non-profit organizations strive towards educating girls and also provide the necessary help to start their as per their skill sets. These non-profit organizations strive towards educating and empowering women to bring out the best in their skill sets.
Grant Opportunities Just for Women
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) – This organization provides information on grants, awards and fellowships for women. AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund, a subsidiary of AAUW fights lawsuit against sex discrimination.
- Avon Foundation is committed to the mission for the past 50 years. They work towards the up-liftment of women and their families. They are a charitable organization that focuses on breast cancer and domestic violence.
- Association for Women in Mathematics encourages women to study and take up careers in the mathematical sciences.
- Barbara Lee Family Foundation encourages women to actively participate in politics and contemporary arts.
- Chicago Foundation for Women is one of the largest grants funding in the world for women. The principles on which this organization is rooted are economic security, freedom from violence and access to health services. Their grants range from $5,000 to $50,000.
- Dorothy Harris Endowed Scholarship for women in sports. It offers scholarship for women pursuing sport psychology, sport management or physical education.
- ExxonMobil Grants for Women and Girls is an initiative to educate women and girls and also provide necessary training opportunities for them to launch their start-ups.
- Girl’s Best Friend Foundation (Chicago) is an organization that works to bring about social changes in girls and young women. The grant range is between $14,000 and $16,500. This organization makes core grants twice a year to support the cause of youth development and leadership.
- Google Anita Borg Scholarship is a joint venture between Google and Dr. Anita Borg to encourage women in the field of computing and technology. The grant amount is between $1,000 and $10,000.
- Jeannette Rankin Foundation for Low Income Women. This organization raises funds and awards grants to economically backward women who are in their mid thirties.
- Ms. Foundation For Women – This foundation has been striving for the past 30 years to create opportunities for women and girls and to enhance their entrepreneurial skills.
- Patrina Foundation started in 1990 by Mrs. Lorinda de Roulet to promote educational opportunities and advance scholarships to women.
- Noel Foundation in partnership with the United Nations Development Fund for Women supports the progress of women around the world through their entrepreneurial and educational programs.
However, you can approach the private organization and foundations for business grants for women. These organizations put aside funds millions of dollars every year to help women entrepreneurs.
It is worth mentioning that the size of the grants awarded would vary from one organization to another. You would not get funds from any one source to meet all your financial requirements. Therefore, you need to look out for other alternative sources of funding along with the grants.
Grant funding just for women empowers them in many ways and allow them to taste the essence of identity and independence. Grant funding for women has proved to be extremely successful. As a result, along with government agencies, many non-profit organizations and multi-national companies are getting involved in the upliftment of women in the society.
Flickr image by cmi_managers
No related posts.